Medela CityStyle Breastpump Bag
- Ideal for transportation of a Breastpump and expressed breastmilk
- Stylish: Designed for active and working mothers
- Instructions included
Ideal for transportation of a breastpump and expressed breastmilk. Consists of a carry bag, cooler bag and 4 breastmilk storage bottles.
- Versatile-Can be used long after mother's done pumping.
- Shaped cooling element-To be put in the freezer overnight will keep themilk cool for several hours.
Recommendation for use
- At mother's own comfort.
Accommodates the following Medela Breastpumps
- Manual Breastpump.
- Mini Electric.
- Mini Electric Plus.
- When freezing do not fill bottles/bags more than 3/4 full to allow space for expansion.
- Label bottles/bags with the date of pumping.
- In order to preserve the components of the breastmilk, thaw in the refrigerator overnight or by holding the bottle/bag under running warm water (max 37 degree Celsius).
- Gently shake the bottle/bag to blend any fat that has separated.
- Do not thaw frozen breastmilk in a microwave oven or in a pan of boiling water (danger of burning).
- Do not store breastmilk in the door of the refrigerator.
Statement about storage time of breastmilk
Our guidelines for the storage of breastmilk are based on the latest published publications on the topic and on practical advises and experiences of lactation consultants. These data demonstrate that human milk collected in such a way to minimize bacterial contamination can be safely refrigerated in accordance with our recommendations. Based on this new update, we will change in all our instruction manuals as follow:
- In a refrigerator, milk can be refrigerated 3-5days,.
- In a refrigerator freezer compartment for up to 6months.
- In a deep freezer up to 12 months.
Useful Hints/Trouble Shooting
- Breastmilk should not be left at room temperature.
- 1 Breastpump carrying bag (black).
- 1 Removable cooler bag (black).
- 4 Breastmilk bottles with imprint (150 ml).
- 4 Lids.
- 4 Discs.
- 1 Shaped cooling element.
From the Manufacturer
In almost 40 years, Medela has developed from a one man distribution company to a global producer of the most technologically advanced breast pumps and breastfeeding accessories – which have been used by millions of mothers and their babies worldwide.
Throughout its history, Medela has been pushing the boundaries to create safe, efficient and best-selling products: Medela introduced the world’s first quality manual breast pump in 1983, and the world’s first phototherapy system for the treatment of neonatal jaundice which was small enough to be placed in a baby’s cot, in 1994. More recently, Medela introduced the 2-Phase Expression Technology, the world’s only research-based breast pump technology that mimics a baby’s natural sucking rhythm, resulting in getting mothers more milk in less time. A key aspect of Medela’s past and present success is a relentless focus on research-based medical technology – which will insure, on an on-going base, innovations in the fields of breastfeeding, phototherapy and "Healthcare".Breastfeeding Benefits
Breastfeeding provides close physical contact for an ideal relationship between mother and child.
Advantages of breastfeeding for the mother
- Quicker return of uterus to pre-pregnancy size with minimal bleeding
- Lower risk of breast cancer and ovarian cancer
- Less stress since Breastmilk is always available
- Saves time, costs and waste
- Nursing the baby helps the mother regain her normal figure
- Breastfeeding mothers often experience an increased self-confidence and a better adjustment with their babies
- Breastfed babies are healthier so their mothers will have less absenteeism from their workplace.
Advantages of breastfeeding for the baby
- Most natural nourishment
- Protection against infections such as diarrhoea, otitis media
- Promotion of optimal brain growth and intelligence of the child
- Breastmilk meets the needs of the baby; its composition changes according to the baby's age
- Mouth, jaw and tongue movements during suckling have a positive influence on the speech development
- Less incidence of allergic diseases
- Breastfed babies have a decreased risk for Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
- Breastfeeding a premature baby decreases his risk to develop necrotizing enter colitis (NEC)
- Breastmilk has the right temperature and needs no preparation. It is readily available whenever your baby needs it
- Breastfeeding is more than just food. It enhances the emotional bond between the child and the mother and provides warmth, love and affection.
Breastfeeding is one of the most beautiful experiences for mother and child. Breastmilk contains all the important nutrients and antibodies for a baby to thrive. Breastfeeding helps the baby to build up his own immune system. There is no other nourishment which has the specific contents for a new-born. For this reason, the World Health Organization (WHO), midwives and lactation consultants as well as Paediatricians all recommend that babies should be nourished exclusively with Breastmilk during the first six months after they are born.
From the manufacturer
CityStyle Breast Pump & Cooler Bag
Discrete and Practical Way to Transport your Pump and Milk
Breastfeeding means you can give your baby the best start in life. If you have to be away from your baby from time to time you can still feed them your breast milk by using one of the Medela breast pumps.
The CityStyle bag has been specially designed to transport your breast pump, pump accessories and cool bag safely and easily. Medela has developed a system so that you can keep your expressed breast milk cool and safe – even when you are on the go.
Features & Benefits
- A safe and easy way to transport breast milk
- Elegant and stylish
- Plenty of space for your pump, breast milk and accessories