Medela Freestyle Breast Pump
- Innovative: Medela's most innovative and one of the world's smallest double electric breastpumps
- Efficient: Pumps 18% more milk in half the time with simultaneous expression and 2-Phase Expression technology
- Unique: Ideal for working moms, with an all-in-one solution to provide maximum freedom and efficiency
- Individual: Individually adjustable vacuum settings offer the highest degree of comfort and a memory function and display
- Convenient: A set of features like rechargeable battery, display, memory function for maximum of convenience.
- For any product / breastfeeding support, please contact Medela India Customer Care number 1800-102-3645
Ideal for frequent and long term use. Fully automatic operation with physiologically natural suction principle. Comfortable, smooth and efficient. Possible to extract from one or both breasts simultaneously. 2-phase expression, mimicking a baby's natural sucking rhythm more precisely than any other system. Memory function allows mothers to record their preferred pumping pattern and select it anytime.
Unique 2-Phase Expression-designed for faster let-down and milk flow
- Mimicking a baby’s natural nursing rhythm more precisely than any other system.
- Initial fast pumping rhythm at 120 cycles per minute called Stimulation Phase followed by a slower pumping rhythm at 50-82 cycles per minute called Expression Phase.
Two Pumping Options for the mother
- Automatic or Individual option, both comprising stimulation and expression mode.
- Automatic-Fully automatic switching from stimulation to expression mode after two minutes.
- Individual-When the milk let-down occurs before the 2-minute stimulation has elapsed and the mother wishes to reduce the stimulation time, she has the choice to continue with expression immediately by pressing the Let-down button.
- For mothers’ convenience one knob combines vacuum level and the number of cycles per minute in the expression phase.
- This means, the mother adjusts the vacuum to her individual comfort level by means of the vacuum increase (+) respectively decrease (-)button and the Freestyle will automatically apply the optimum frequency for that specific vacuum level.
- providing detailed pumping information showing vacuum level, time of pumping, battery power availability and more. The backlight is perfect for night time pumping sessions.
Memory function for quick and easy pumping sessions
- The memory function allows mothers to record their preferred pumping pattern and select it anytime.
- vacuum level in stimulation phase.
- length of stimulation phase.
- vacuum level in expression phase.
- Small and lightweight motor unit for discreet hand-held portability.
Recommendation for use
- Ideal for frequent and long-term use.
- Specially designed to adapt to the active lifestyle of today's mothers and to meet their desire to be mobile and flexible while pumping.
- Several times per week, e.g. 3-5 times per day.
- Single user product-personal care item.
- Suction strength Full range vacuum adjustable Stimulation Phase-min. approx-50 mmHg-max. approx-150 mmHg Expression Phase-min. approx-50 mmHg-max. approx-250 mmHg.
- Suction cycles Stimulation Phase-fixed 120 cycles/minute Expression Phase-varying cycles 50-82 per minute.
- Power supply-Mains Adapter-Input: 100-240 V, 50-60 Hz, 400mA (Universal plug)-Output: 12 V, 1 A-Batteries Lithium Ion battery, 7.4 VDC nominal 2000 mAh.
- Dimensions 122 x 90 x 58 mm (pump).
- Weight With battery 370 g Without battery 270 g.
- Warranty 1 year for the motor unit from the date of purchase, excluding pump kit, shoulder bag and cooler carrier; 6 months for rechargeable battery.
- Diaphragm Pump System.
- Unplug breastpump prior to cleaning.
- At home Daily or when spills occur.
- In between each mother and/or on a regular basis, e.g. daily.
- Use a damp (not wet) cloth to wipe over the breastpump. Optionally, soapy water or a non-abrasive detergent may be used.
- Do not spray or pour liquid directly onto the pump.
- Do not immerse the Symphony pump unit in water or shower the diaphragm area.
- Hands should be thoroughly washed with soap and water before touching the breast and pump parts.
- The breast and surrounding area needs cleaning with a damp cloth. Soap or alcohol should not be used which can dry the skin and cause cracked nipples.
- Touching the inside of bottles and lids should be avoided.
Useful Hints/Trouble Shooting
- Minimum vacuum is always automatically set at 50 mmHg.
- If there is low or no suction, make sure.
- the breastshield and connector are assembled correctly and the back cap is firmly attached at the three connection points.
- the breastshield forms a complete seal around the breast.
- all connections of the kit and breast pump are secure.
- If single pumping, make sure the unused tube is securely connected to the tubing dock.
- Take care not to kink tubing.
- 2 SoftFit breastshields (24 mm).
- 2 Personal Fit breastshields (24 mm).
- 2 Freestyle Connectors.
- 4 breastmilk bottles with imprint (150 ml).
- 1 Freestyle Tubing.
- 4 Lids.
- 4 Discs.
- 2 Caps.
- 2 Bottle stands.
- 1 Belt with extension.
- 1 Cooler bag.
- 1 Cooling element.
- 1 Mains adapter.
- 1 Freestyle Bag.
- 1 Motor unit.
- 1 Rechargeable Battery.
From the Manufacturer
In almost 40 years, Medela has developed from a one man distribution company to a global producer of the most technologically advanced breast pumps and breastfeeding accessories – which have been used by millions of mothers and their babies worldwide.
Throughout its history, Medela has been pushing the boundaries to create safe, efficient and best-selling products: Medela introduced the world’s first quality manual breast pump in 1983, and the world’s first phototherapy system for the treatment of neonatal jaundice which was small enough to be placed in a baby’s cot, in 1994. More recently, Medela introduced the 2-Phase Expression Technology, the world’s only research-based breast pump technology that mimics a baby’s natural sucking rhythm, resulting in getting mothers more milk in less time. A key aspect of Medela’s past and present success is a relentless focus on research-based medical technology – which will insure, on an on-going base, innovations in the fields of breastfeeding, phototherapy and "Healthcare".Breastfeeding Benefits
Breastfeeding provides close physical contact for an ideal relationship between mother and child.
Advantages of breastfeeding for the mother
- Quicker return of uterus to pre-pregnancy size with minimal bleeding
- Lower risk of breast cancer and ovarian cancer
- Less stress since Breastmilk is always available
- Saves time, costs and waste
- Nursing the baby helps the mother regain her normal figure
- Breastfeeding mothers often experience an increased self-confidence and a better adjustment with their babies
- Breastfed babies are healthier so their mothers will have less absenteeism from their workplace.
Advantages of breastfeeding for the baby
- Most natural nourishment
- Protection against infections such as diarrhoea, otitis media
- Promotion of optimal brain growth and intelligence of the child
- Breastmilk meets the needs of the baby; its composition changes according to the baby's age
- Mouth, jaw and tongue movements during suckling have a positive influence on the speech development
- Less incidence of allergic diseases
- Breastfed babies have a decreased risk for Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
- Breastfeeding a premature baby decreases his risk to develop necrotizing enter colitis (NEC)
- Breastmilk has the right temperature and needs no preparation. It is readily available whenever your baby needs it
- Breastfeeding is more than just food. It enhances the emotional bond between the child and the mother and provides warmth, love and affection.
Breastfeeding is one of the most beautiful experiences for mother and child. Breastmilk contains all the important nutrients and antibodies for a baby to thrive. Breastfeeding helps the baby to build up his own immune system. There is no other nourishment which has the specific contents for a new-born. For this reason, the World Health Organization (WHO), midwives and lactation consultants as well as Paediatricians all recommend that babies should be nourished exclusively with Breastmilk during the first six months after they are born.
From the manufacturer
Medela Freestyle Double Electric Breastpump with Calma
Innovative All-in-one Solution
Freestyle is Medela’s most innovative double electric breast pump. It offers a full set of features like 2-Phase Expression Technology, 9 fully adjustable vacuum levels and illuminated display that shows pumping time, battery status and vacuum level.
Freestyle is a solution for working mothers who need to pump on the go regularly. The practical all-in-one-solution offers everything you need for safe and comfortable pumping when you are not at home including a compact design and rechargeable battery, to offer an all-in-one solution for storage, cooling and transport of breastmilk.
Intuitive and Convenient
The Freestyle pump features an intuitive memory function, so you can save your pumping settings with the push of one button. All parts can be cleaned easily in the dishwasher, with soapy water in the sink, sanitised by boiling, using a steam steriliser or in Medela Quick Clean microwave bags.
- Trusted by UK Hospitals
- 50 years of research and engineering
- Primary focus of helping mums successfully breastfeed for as long as they choose
2-Phase Expression Technology
Medela's product development is based on evidence-based research into a baby’s natural feeding behaviour. This has led to the development of 2-phase expression technology which mimics the baby's natural sucking rhythm to express more milk in less time.
The 2-phase expression technology consists of:
Phase One - Stimulation:
A fast, light pumping rhythm to stimulate the milk ejection reflex and get the milk flowing.
Phase Two - Expression:
A slower pumping rhythm to express milk gently and efficiently.
Choosing the Correct Medela PersonalFit Breast Shield Size
Every Mother is Unique
One Medium PersonalFit Breast Shield is included with all Medela pumps. However, every woman is different and one size doesn't fit all.
Ensure Pumping Efficiency
The right sized breast shield is an essential component of pumping which allows a vacuum to form and a vacuum to flow.
Selecting your Size: Step 1
Measure the diameter of our nipple across the base in millimetres (mm), excluding the areola.
Selecting your Size: Step 2
Determine your PersonalFit size, e.g. if your nipple measures 19mm, the recommended PersonalFit size is 24mm.
|Pump Type||Manual||Single Electric||Double Electric||Double Electric|
|Suggested Usage||Occasional||Often||Regularly||Up to All Feeds|
|Battery Capability||N/A||Up to 1 hour||Up to 1 hour||Up to 3 hours, rechargeable|
|One Touch Let-Down||N/A||✓||✓||✓|
|Sore, Flat or Inverted Nippled||N/A||✓||✓||✓|
|Maintaining an Established Milk Supply||N/A||N/A||✓||✓|
|Hospitable Grade Suction||N/A||N/A||N/A||✓|