Medela Nipple Formers (2 pcs)
- an be wore under the bra
- Lower profile for less visibility
- Functions without vacuum
- Can be worn under the bra
- When used over a longer period of time, flat or inverted nipple may refrain from retreating
- Instructions included
Consists of silicone cover, shape and size corresponding to the breast areola. Perforated outer plate circulates air and prevents infection. Can be used from 7 month of pregnancy. 60minutes daily at the beginning to and then gradually increasing upto 8hours.
Soft, flexible silicone membrane
- Most comfortable fit.
- Applies soft natural pressure to draw out the nipple.
Shell with ventilation holes
- Air circulation prevents the build-up of moisture.
- Lower profile for less visibility.
- Functions without vacuum.
To prepare flat or inverted nipples for breastfeeding
- Gentle pressure to encourage nipple protrusion.
- The baby can latch-on more easily.
Recommendation for use
- As from 7th month of pregnancy.
- 60 minutes daily at the beginning and then gradually increasing up to 8 hours.
- Do not wear during night.
Breastfeeding is one of the most beautiful and natural experiences mothers can share with their baby. Medela can accompany mothers if they need a little extra support. Medela's Breast Care range offer small and practical devices to help overcome any difficulties.
Everyday careUseful tips to ensure a long happy breastfeeding period:
- wear a well-fitting bra.
- use good quality bra pads to absorb any milk leakage.
- Apply PureLan nipple cream if you have dry nipples.
- Avoid excessive soap on your nipples.
Nipple careIf you experience nipple discomfort
- Ensure your baby is correctly positioned and attached to your breast.
- use PureLan nipple cream and Hydrogel Pacs to help alleviate symptoms.
- Use nipple shields as a temporary support only.
- Seek advice from a lactation professional if problem persists.
ChallengesIn case of feeding challenges look for the following option:
- Flat/inverted nipples: Nipple formers can help draw out your nipples.
- Engorgement: Use hydrogel pads for a cooling effect.
This chart helps mothers choose the right Medela product for their individual situation.
Useful Hints/Trouble Shooting
- Place the nipple formers with the ventilation holes on top.
- In some very rare cases, using any kind of nipple former or manipulations on the nipple may cause early contractions. In case this should happen, a mother should immediately stop wearing nipple formers or manipulating her nipples.
- The parts need to be cleaned once in 24 hours especially if milk is leaking.
- 2 Shells.
- 2 Silicone membranes.
From the Manufacturer
In almost 40 years, Medela has developed from a one man distribution company to a global producer of the most technologically advanced breast pumps and breastfeeding accessories – which have been used by millions of mothers and their babies worldwide.
Throughout its history, Medela has been pushing the boundaries to create safe, efficient and best-selling products: Medela introduced the world’s first quality manual breast pump in 1983, and the world’s first phototherapy system for the treatment of neonatal jaundice which was small enough to be placed in a baby’s cot, in 1994. More recently, Medela introduced the 2-Phase Expression Technology, the world’s only research-based breast pump technology that mimics a baby’s natural sucking rhythm, resulting in getting mothers more milk in less time. A key aspect of Medela’s past and present success is a relentless focus on research-based medical technology – which will insure, on an on-going base, innovations in the fields of breastfeeding, phototherapy and "Healthcare".Breastfeeding Benefits
Breastfeeding provides close physical contact for an ideal relationship between mother and child.
Advantages of breastfeeding for the mother
- Quicker return of uterus to pre-pregnancy size with minimal bleeding
- Lower risk of breast cancer and ovarian cancer
- Less stress since Breastmilk is always available
- Saves time, costs and waste
- Nursing the baby helps the mother regain her normal figure
- Breastfeeding mothers often experience an increased self-confidence and a better adjustment with their babies
- Breastfed babies are healthier so their mothers will have less absenteeism from their workplace.
Advantages of breastfeeding for the baby
- Most natural nourishment
- Protection against infections such as diarrhoea, otitis media
- Promotion of optimal brain growth and intelligence of the child
- Breastmilk meets the needs of the baby; its composition changes according to the baby's age
- Mouth, jaw and tongue movements during suckling have a positive influence on the speech development
- Less incidence of allergic diseases
- Breastfed babies have a decreased risk for Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
- Breastfeeding a premature baby decreases his risk to develop necrotizing enter colitis (NEC)
- Breastmilk has the right temperature and needs no preparation. It is readily available whenever your baby needs it
- Breastfeeding is more than just food. It enhances the emotional bond between the child and the mother and provides warmth, love and affection.
Breastfeeding is one of the most beautiful experiences for mother and child. Breastmilk contains all the important nutrients and antibodies for a baby to thrive. Breastfeeding helps the baby to build up his own immune system. There is no other nourishment which has the specific contents for a new-born. For this reason, the World Health Organization (WHO), midwives and lactation consultants as well as Paediatricians all recommend that babies should be nourished exclusively with Breastmilk during the first six months after they are born.